There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution to a bug out bag. Your bug out bag, or BOB should be as unique as you are. What goes into your bag depends on many different things, such as:
- How much can you carry? You wouldn’t want to pack a bag that weighs 40 pounds if you are out of shape.
- What is your skill level? You wouldn’t want to carry a flint as your only source of fire if you have no idea of how to use it.
- How far is your destination? Don’t pack for three weeks if your destination is only a day or two away.
- What is your family situation? If there are others traveling with you, will you be carrying the bulk of the weight? Will you also have to carry a child? Will your pets be with you?
- What time of year is it? You will want to keep your bag updated with the proper clothing depending on the time of year.
Use the checklist below as a guide and adapt it to your own needs. Gather your materials and edit what you are going to carry.
Download Bug Out Bag Checklist
Guest Author: George MacBeth
Photo by Cody Black on Unsplash